Director, Payer Relations
The Hemophilia Alliance, a national membership organization of federally recognized Hemophilia Treatment Centers (HTCs), is currently recruiting for a Director, Payer Relations for the western U.S. This position reports to the Sr. Vice President Payer Relations of the Alliance. The position is responsible for the payer relations activities of the assigned territory and participating in meetings with patient advocacy organizations. The payer relations activities include but are not limited to:
- Meets with HTCs and institution contracting personnel to enhance the contracting efforts for the HTCs.
- Participates in the development and implementation of the approved payer relations strategic plan.
- Participates in private and public payer clinical and pharmacy initiatives and contracting.
- Participates collaborative in payer initiatives with patient advocacy organizations.
- Meets with key decision makers of payers, brokers/consultants, employers and governmental agencies to promote the member HTCs as Centers of Excellence.
- Participates in HTC payer initiatives and ongoing member payer educations to strengthen member HTCs knowledge and effectiveness with payers.
- Attends payer conferences and payer trade organization meetings to stay current with market trends and promote member HTCs as Centers of Excellence.
- Work with Hemophilia Alliance GPO, Advocacy, Legal, Membership, and Communication teams/consultants to provide support and assistance as necessary.
Travel: Approximately 40% of time traveling to payers, conferences, member HTCs and advocacy events is expected. Must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to travel nationally.
- Knowledge of hemophilia that has been gained by working in hemophilia market and knowledge of healthcare finance, managed care and insurer contracting, normally obtained through completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, and two to five years of healthcare and/or insurance experience.
- Must be able to set and organize own work priorities and adapt to frequent change.
- Must possess proven contract negotiation knowledge and skills.
- Must possess strong analytical and financial skills.
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess a personal presence that is characterized by a sense of honesty, integrity, and caring with the ability to inspire and motivate others to promote the philosophy, vision, mission, goals, and values of the Hemophilia Alliance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field.
- Lives in the western U.S. or willingness to relocate to western U.S.
Qualified applicants should submit their resume or CV, with a letter highlighting their qualifications and previous experiences to Jeff Blake at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Hemophilia Alliance is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.