Alliance Update, November 2022
- HTC Wall of Walkers 2022 Update
by Karen Bowe-Hause, Director Community Relations
With the goal of encouraging HTC participation in the NHF Unite Walk program, the Hemophilia Alliance is once again supporting the program with the HTC Wall of Walkers campaign. As a reminder, as a member HTC of the Hemophilia Alliance, all HTC teams that raise $1,000+ for their local Walk program will be recognized by NHF & the Hemophilia Alliance as being a part of our Wall of Walkers. These teams will receive the following:
- Recognition during the Unite Rally Chapter and Community virtual training
- Recognition from the Hemophilia Alliance in newsletter publications and webinars
- Unite Walk Chapters have been broken up into five respective market groups. The top HTC fundraising team in each group will receive a $1000 scholarship to support a staff person attending the NHF Bleeding Disorders Conference to be held in Washington, DC August 17-19, 2023.
So far this year:
- 41 HTC teams are participating (2021 had 28 teams)
- The HTCs have raised $38,000 (2021 $27,000)
- HTCs have recruited >300 walkers (2021 211)
- There is still 1 more walk to go this 2022 Walk season!!
The Hemophilia Alliance wishes to thank all of the HTCs for their participation and support of NHF and the local Chapters through the 2022 Unite Walk Program. The winners of the travel scholarships will be announced at the Unite Rally Awards Ceremony the beginning of December.
- Operations Update
The Job Board on our website is up and running. We have several positions posted on the board and continue to add new positions. For questions about posting to the board, please review our recent newsletter article here.
If you are short of pharmacist CE credits for 2022 and you did not attend the 1st Annual Hemophilia Alliance Pharmacist CE convention in-person or virtually in January 2022, the programs and credits will continue to be available as a home-study option. They can be accessed through the Hemophilia Alliance Website Document Portal under the CE Credits link and will be active through 2025. If you don’t have a sign-on, contact Theresa@hemoalliance.org.
Also in this Issue…
Notes from Joe
· Remembering Patricia Dominic
· Improving Care and Improving Resources
Alliance Board Update
· Alliance Seeking Board Nominations
· Update on the 2022 Midterm Elections
· Alternative Funding – an increasing concern
Notes from the Community
· Hemophilia Alliance Foundation: Announcing Project and Patient Assistance Grants!
· United States Hemophilia Treatment Center Network Launches Website
Comments are closed.