COVID-19 Public Health Emergency Ends – Impact on Medicare & Medicaid
by Ellen Riker, Advocacy Consultant
The COVID-19 public health emergency (PHE) officially came to an end on May 11, 2023. The PHE has been in place since early 2020 and a number of Medicare and Medicaid policies put in place during the pandemic were initially tied to the PHE – meaning the policy would end with the end of the PHE. Recent legislation, most notably the 2023 Consolidated Appropriations Act (CAA), and regulations, uncoupled many of the telehealth policies from the PHE and established end dates beyond May 11.
This summary provides Alliance Members with an overview of the Medicare telehealth flexibilities, including what is currently allowed and current end dates as well as information on the end of the Medicaid continuous coverage provision, also known as the Medicaid unwinding. Please reach out to Ellen or Johanna with any questions.
Also in this Issue…
Notes from Joe
Notes from the Community
· Announcing: The 4th Annual Innovation Grant
· HTC DSCSA Update
· Not Your Ordinary Mascot!
· VWD Connect Foundation July Conference – Patient Registration Still Available!
Alliance Board Update
· New Board Members
· Alliance Member Needs Assessment – Your Participation is Needed
· Upcoming Alliance Meetings
· Audits – We are here to help!