Webinar on Implementation of the Hemophilia Skilled Nursing Facility Access Act Available
by Ellen Riker, Advocacy Consultant
On October 18, the Hemophilia Alliance with the National Hemophilia Foundation hosted a webinar for HTCs on the implementation of the new Medicare coverage policy allowing for separate payment for bleeding disorder treatments for patients in skilled nursing facilities (SNFs). The webinar included presentations by Pamela Truscott, Director of Clinical and Regulatory Services at the American Health Care Association (AHCA, the trade association for SNFs) and Assisted Living Facilities and Amanda Wetzel, a SNF Consolidated Billing Specialist, who works with AHCA, who provided important details on SNF staffing and practices and how the provision of services will occur. A recording of the webinar can be found here.
The Alliance is planning a second webinar for HTCs to share their success stories on the placement of Medicare patients in SNFs and billing for treatments under Medicare Part B. Stay tuned for more information.
Also in this Issue…
Notes from Joe
· 340B Blues
· Meet Jennifer Anders!
· Finding Talent Within the Bleeding Disorders Community!
· Update re: Re-Accreditation of Gene Therapy Modules Developed by Partners
· How to Compliantly Increase Visibility of HTCs and the Comprehensive Care Model
· Payer Trends: What You Need to Know
Notes from the Community
· Illinois Ultra-Rare Bleeding Disorders Event a Success